ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST – SLINGER
Growing Independent Building Material and Design Company
Five Locations Surrounding Metro-Milwaukee
Zuern Building Products is seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist for its Slinger, Wisconsin location. This accounting and finance position will primarily focus on accounts receivable, general ledger, and reporting as well as other responsibilities that management may deem necessary.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:Accounts Receivable:
- Customer service support – phone calls to/from customers, emails, etc.
- Preparation of bank deposits via remote entry
- Payment application to customer account – cash, check, credit card, or other payment method
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation, payments, or adjustments
- Monthly accounts receivable close-out – send out statements.
- Manage assigned list of accounts
- Understand lien laws and legal action – must file appropriate documentation when necessary
- Send out construction lien notices for new jobs
- Setup new accounts – credit check
- Setup new jobs for existing customers
- Daily general ledger account reconciliation
- Resolve general ledge imbalance or issues created
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Monitor bank account balances
- Monthly sales reporting
- Prepare appropriate journal entries for month/quarter/year closing process
- Process and file monthly sales tax
- 2 years experience in collections/general ledger accounting or degree in accounting or business
- Proficiency with Excel and other office technology
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Team-oriented; willingness to pitch in and help out
- Self motivated; takes initiative
- Good judgement; ability to prioritize and work independently
Zuern Building Products is a family-owned and operated building material supplier and design company. We have five expansive facilities with complete showrooms in Allenton, Cedarburg, Franklin and Watertown. We take pride in our tradition of providing high quality building materials and valuable services to our customers. We are “Building on Service”.
Please send your resume and application to email@example.com.