ENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS DESIGNER – SLINGER
Growing Independent Building Material and Design Company
Five Locations Surrounding Metro-Milwaukee
Zuern is currently seeking an Engineered Wood Products (EWP) Designer who would be responsible for single sizing structural wood materials and producing I-Joist layout designs for residential projects utilizing manufacturer provided software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates EWP Layout Designs for residential floor, hand-frame roof, and tall wall systems
- Single size EWP and dimensional lumber products via email or over the phone to call in salespersons & customers.
- Discusses changes and corrections with salespersons, contractors, engineers and architects prior to and during construction
- Determines special notes to append to contractors
- Assists with resolving architectural design discrepancies
- Produces material list for estimating & shipping purposes
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as needed
- Minimum education required: Associates Degree in architectural design or civil engineering related field. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Good knowledge of residential house framing as well as floor and roof truss design process
- Reading & interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfers through a building
- Knowledge of current local and state building codes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook: 1 year (required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
- AutoCAD or Revit: 1 year (required)
Zuern Building Products is a family-owned and operated building material supplier and design company. We have five expansive facilities with complete showrooms in Allenton, Cedarburg, Franklin and Watertown. We take pride in our tradition of providing high quality building materials and valuable services to our customers. We are “Building on Service”.
Please send your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.