Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty
Hanwha L&C Corporation (hereunder “Hanwha”) warrants to the original purchaser/owner in the U.S. and Canada that its product HanStone Quartz, shall be free from manufacturing defects in material under normal use and service. Hanwha, at its discretion, will repair or replace product failures only due to manufacturing defects. Whether Hanwha chooses to repair or replace your installation, we will seek to obtain the best possible result, however an exact color match cannot be guaranteed.
This Lifetime Limited Warranty is available only to the original owner(s) of the residence in which HanStone Quartz has been originally installed. The Lifetime Limited Warranty is non-transferrable and applies to HanStone Quartz product only, for interior, residential application(s) in North America. This warranty is void unless the product has been paid for in full, and the product must be registered on or before 30 days of installation.
Under this Lifetime Limited Warranty, you the customer, must provide an original receipt or proof of purchase showing that the product was paid in full, and that you are the original purchaser. Hanwha’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the product(s), evaluate, and respond to any claim(s). All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects or affecting this warranty shall be made by Hanwha and shall be final and binding upon all parties.
The professional fabricator/installer is responsible to inspect the HanStone Quartz material before fabricating and/or installing the HanStone Quartz product. It is also the end user’s responsibility to inspect the finished product before permanent installation. This warranty does not cover any defects that were visible at the time of fabrication/installation and were not avoided during fabrication/installation.
This warranty does not cover products that you, the customer decide you do not like after installation due to color, shade, pattern, or any other opinions based on personal preference. All parties must agree to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this Lifetime Limited Warranty.
This Lifetime Limited Warranty applies to product(s) installed after January 18, 2013.
Exclusions for HanStone Quartz Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty:
- Failure to comply with Hanwha’s recommended storage, handling, usage, supports, cutouts, fabrication and Care & Maintenance guidelines. All requirements for fabrication and installation must be followed.
- Exterior application and/or exposure to UV
- Flooring application
- Fabrication or installation error
- Damage or injury caused by improper use or abuse, which includes but is not limited to, damage from accidents, vandalism, impact, chemical damage, acts of nature, job-site conditions, architectural design, or structural movement
- Installed HanStone Quartz product that is removed from the original place of installation
- Seam appearance, seam performance, adhesives, caulk and/or other accessory items
- Thermoforming: Product failure due to bending or curving is not covered under this warranty
- Color Variance: HanStone Quartz is composed of natural quartz, as a result, variance in color, size, shape and particulate distribution is an inherent trait expected of this product
- Chips and Cracks: Chips may be caused by impact and cracks can be caused by many reasons, including but not limited to; impact, excessive force or applied load, lack of adequate support, settling or movement of cabinets, excess heat, and thermal shock. None of these occurrences would be considered manufacturing defects.
- Scratch: HanStone Quartz is scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Cutting boards are highly recommended.
- Mechanical Fasteners: This warranty does not cover the securing of any type of mechanical fasteners directly into the material.
- Blemishes: A certain level of blemishes is an inherent trait expected of this product.
- Minor conditions such as stains or water spots. HanStone Quartz is stain resistant, but not stain proof. To clean tough stains, please refer to the care and maintenance section of our website.
- Supplemental repair including, but not limited to, electrical, tile or wall surfaces, backsplashes, cabinetry, freight, and plumbing modifications necessary to repair or replace HanStone Quartz.
- Product usage for any commercial application(s) including, but not limited to, installation in store, office, rental property, or other places of business.
- Appearance of edge, re-fabrication, or altering of the factory applied face finish in any way
- Exposure to extreme heat and/or thermal shock. Trivets must be used for any hot pots, pans, crock pots, and for any heat generated items. Heat resistant pads are highly recommended.
- Normal Wear: Every day countertop use can result in normal wear. This may include, but is not limited to; scratches, chips, abrasions, and dullness in the finish. Normal wear issues are not covered by the warranty. With proper care and maintenance you can keep your countertops looking new for many years to come. Please refer to the HanStone Care and Maintenance guidelines (available for download from our website).
- Any other items or occurrences that are inherent characteristics of the product category of Quartz Surface, regardless of whether viewed as a defect by the purchaser.
When choosing a color, please refer to samples only as a general indication of a particular color’s design pattern, aesthetics, and hue. Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of HanStone Quartz slabs and may vary from the actual, installed HanStone Quartz surface. Be advised that some colors contain movement or veining and due to the randomness of this effect, samples of these colors may not show this overall aesthetic.
No other warranties, express or implied, are made, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Except as provided herein, Hanwha is not liable in tort or contract for any loss or direct, incidental, or consequential damages as a result of the use or the inability to use HanStone Quartz. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state, or in Canada, from province to province. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Hanwha makes no other guarantee, representation, or warranty (express or implied) with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein. No representative, dealer, employee, installer or any other person is authorized or permitted to make, modify or change this warranty with respect to HanStone Quartz product.